simple me

Friday, May 08, 2009

weighed down

The snatch theft incident gave me something to ask myself.

When I saw the thief's knife pointed towards me, I did 3 things ( was asked how i did that, could only reply...with God's help)

1) I screamed ( not that it helped..no one came to my aid)

2) I was carrying my long-strapped handbag across my shoulder. I removed it and threw it away

3) ran in the opposite direction towards my friend's house.


Question to myself...as I run this race ( Heb 12 v 1) am I carrying any "weight' which is weighing me down and distracting me from running my race well?


P/S the handbag didn't not have any cash or important documents, which leads to 2 theories.

a) some say these "thieves " would be so angry with me and would try to seek me out "again"

b) they won't waste their time with me "again"

What do you think?

3 Comments:

  • How about this?

    Do you not know that in a race all the runners compete, but only one receives the prize? So run that you may obtain in it. Every athlete exercises self-control in all things. They do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable. Well, I do not run aimlessly, I do not box as one beating the air; but I pommel my body and subdue it, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified. (1 Corinthians 9:24-27 RSV)

    That's Paul's objective - we are here to run the race of life in order to be a useful and a pleasing instrument of God, to be used whenever and wherever he wants to use us.

    By Blogger Yan, at 7:36 PM  

  • Happy Mothers' Day!

    By Blogger Yan, at 7:36 PM  

  • yan, amen.

    Blessed mother's day.

    By Blogger just me, at 1:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home