In times of trial
I didnt realise that in one of my last posts in 2010, my prayer was for God to prune me. And He has literally taken me at my word.
Suffice to say that, speaking from experience, when one is going through any fiery trial, in the midst of the burning and consuming of all that is fleshly, one must surround oneself with people of faith.
A church leader asks me , looking back, what it is that has kept me going. So I thought of bloging it.
1) Don't share your problems with just anyone, lest some behave like Job's friends.
2) Choose a few confidants you can trust. And most important, they must be prayerful people. Why share your problem with somebody who is not going to pray with you and for you?
3)Continue to seek and serve god. The problem/ trial could be the work of the enemy. Continue to serve and praise God,instead of sitting down and wallow in your own self-pity pparty.
4) It is important that YOU yourself seek God. God will guide you very clearly through, circumstances, or through your private devotion. This has happened to me so many times. God lets me peek through the cloud once in a while to know that I am being guided so closely be Him.
5) God will give you amazing peace and joy in the midst of your trial.This will be a testimony to all , especially to unbelievers. They could be going through the same trial but they see the difference in you.
6) Lastly, have faith in God. Sounds simple enough, until you see all the natural circumstances going in a negative direction.Then what do you do? Immerse yourself in God's word.
7) Seek only to glorify God in your situation.And be prepared to crucify your flesh daily.
Even as I write this, I can testify that God's answer to our prayer always has His perfect timing.Praise God.