simple me

Saturday, November 03, 2007

being chief

I have just completed my job as chief invigilator and am relieved it is over.

The teething problems right from the beginning made the task a challenging one.

On the morning of the exam, I made sure I feed the invigilators first, as only light snacks were provided by the candidates' centre. The exam consists of 3 components , each with a half -hour break.

My fellow chief invigilator joked with me that as chiefs, we were more nervous than the candidates. I think so too. We had to look into providing CD players also for the listening component of the exam, 6 ,in my case.

Feeling light headed,

now that it is over,

Back to mundane chores,

and duties.

5 Comments:

  • I do know the feeling very well - especially when doing oral exams. I am always nervous that the tape recorder isn't working!

    By Blogger Kak Teh, at 3:35 AM  

  • LOL first time i get to hear from an invigilator's perspective.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:26 AM  

  • Working in a school, I always tend to get the impression that our invigilators are always so calm and cool though no lunch or breakfast will be provided.

    The person in charge of these invigilators is our exam officer who is also as cool as cucumber.

    I like to think it is because I provide her with the material she requires,eg, batteries when the clock suddenly comes to a halt or new clock, pens and pencils, calculators, etc. :P

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:09 AM  

  • U just put the person into the invigilator! They always seem so aloof and distant.

    By Blogger stay-at-home mum, at 2:51 PM  

  • Invigilator.

    *goes to google*

    Oh!!! I am used to the term proctor instead. Now I understand your stress and am glad it was you and not me. :P

    Well done. Mundane is good stuff, ya?

    By Blogger Simple American, at 2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home