simple me

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

eulogy

I received the sms to inform me that she has gone to be with the Lord. I was quickened to want to prepare an eulogy, thinking that I would deliver it if time permits.u
During the wake, no eulogy was given by any of the church members. ( to my surprise)

So, my spirit man took over and I jumped to my feet to deliver what I have prepared. Would you believe it if I told you I had less than 5 interactions with the deceased, 3 of which were spent on minstering to her in prayer and God's word. She was stricken with cancer 2 years ago. I didn't know her when she was well.

You might wonder what I spoke of....I spoke of her faith and trust in the Lord, how to me, her death did not spell defeat because she has passed her test of faith, and run her race well. Also, victorious living does not mean living a problem-free life but living it in the power of the presence of God.

I ended with psalms 16 v11.

Have you ever delivered an eulogy?

1 Comments:

  • psalms 16 appeared very much like a eulogy in itself.

    nope, never delivered one before.

    By Blogger doc, at 10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home