simple me

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Looks

One day, my teenage daughter said " My friends commented that I look more like you now compared to 2 years ago."

She is referring to her face , now more fleshy and with rosy cheeks. I like the new her as she is a more cheerful girl now.

Anyway, her remark sets me thinking. Am I growing to be more like Jesus ? What is hindering me from NOT growing to be like Jesus?

If there is anything hindering my spiritual growth, am I doing anything about it? The crux is, do I really want to be like Jesus?

Or do I only seek the blessings and not the blesser?

2 Corinthians 3 v 18

" And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit."


"Unveiled faces".......speaks to me of coming into God's presence transparently and honestly , and allowing God to deal with us in areas where

where we have fallen short. And doing something about it. Not just seeking forgiveness but a true repentance.Then and only then, God will do His wonderful( may be painful smetimes) work in us and through us,pruning away our SELFISH desires .


"Father God, open our hearts and reveal to us in areas where we have fallen short and grant us the desire to do something about it.We give you permission to prune us . Help us to reflect You in our everyday life. Strip us of any idols in our daily activities . We thank You for the Holy Spirit who is always intereceding for us, praying this is Jesus name , amen"

1 Comments:

  • I realize this post is a month old, but I have to say that similar thoughts have crossed my mind. As people of faith, are we truly striving to live our lives according to that faith, or are we simply in it for the feel-good sensation of claiming that we're going to heaven? I feel the latter means we're not going to heaven. :/ Excellent blog. I'll be reading it all the time. :)

    By Blogger Euripides, at 1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home