simple me

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

my past

Being the youngest of 5 girls ( I have 3 brothers) I am on the receiving end of many hand-me -downs, clothes mostly. However, my reading material is different from those of my sisters, reason being that my late father sent me to an English school whereas all my sisters studied in the Chinese medium.I still do not know why he did that. By the way, my brothers also studied in the English medium.
So as I look back, I am wondering whether my pre-occupation to always buy my daughter new stuff and abundantly at that is due to my being deprieved or having to share my stuff with my many siblings last time?
Has any event in your past influenced your present habit/action?

Labels:

8 Comments:

  • Yup, when I was growing up my mom would do everything. She refused to let us do any housework or help in anyway because according to her we are not efficient and if we don't do it her way, then it's not the right way. I grew up not knowing how to do a lot of stuff. Now I make it a point to teach my son how to do housework, simple things like water plants, folding his own clothes, washing the car, gardening, even taught him how to cook.

    By Blogger KopiSoh, at 3:47 PM  

  • Haha
    Well, yes and no.
    On rare occasions, I do buy my son some toys, for the reason "daddy last time no money to buy, now ... I just buy ...for dunno what reason..."

    By Blogger http://chinese.yenjai.net, at 5:39 PM  

  • firehorse, your son will make a good hubby next time in the doemstic area...how old is he?

    yenjai,your son is lucky to have you for his dad..maybe you buy him toys because you feel "guilty" that he "hates" his mama who gives him injection huh?

    By Blogger just me, at 11:35 PM  

  • He is 11. Ya I beleive that just as we teach our daughters to be strong and independent of her husband, we should teach our sons to be strong and independent of their wives too. I told my son that a wife is your life partner not your washing machine, cook. housekeeper, seamstress or ironing lady.

    By Blogger KopiSoh, at 11:01 AM  

  • firehorse, so your hubby helps out a lot too huh? Son will see this and know for sure you and hubby are partners..( working ones)

    By Blogger just me, at 3:06 PM  

  • Just me, haha. No no. Eve is not my wife. Fainted.

    By Blogger http://chinese.yenjai.net, at 6:07 PM  

  • yenjai, sorry..only after typing the comment I realised my mistake. You sent your childt to the doctor down the street, you did say.
    "reviving you from your faint by calling your wife to attend to you."

    By Blogger just me, at 9:56 PM  

  • yenjai, sorry..only after typing the comment I realised my mistake. You sent your childt to the doctor down the street, you did say.
    "reviving you from your faint by calling your wife to attend to you."

    By Blogger just me, at 9:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home