simple me

Friday, May 18, 2007

Teachers' Day

Most schools, including mine, will celebrate Teachers' Day on the last day of term.

Wishing all teachers a happy Teachers' Day!

A Teachers' Prayer

I want to teach my students how --
To live this life on earth
To face its struggles and strife
And to improve their worth

Not just the lesson in a book.
Or how the rivers flow,
But to choose the proper path,
Wherever they may go

To understand eternal truth,
And to know right from wrong,
And gather all the beauty of
A flower and a song,

For if I help the world to grow
In wisdom and grace,
Then I feel that I have won
And I have filled my place.

And so I ask your guidance, God
That I may do my part,
For character and confidence
And happiness of heart

11 Comments:

  • Happy Teachers Day, certainly a celebration by both the teachers and students.

    By Blogger Dean aka Sgt Dub, at 9:06 AM  

  • My English teacher of my fourth and fifth form is someone who -

    sees beyond what the rest see
    teaches beyond what he is required to,
    inspires students to follow their dreams
    helps students to dream...

    I salute all teachers!

    Happy Teachers' Day.

    Yan

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:29 PM  

  • Happy Teacher's Day, my son made an origami box for each of his teacher with a special poem in it that he wrote himself. I wanted to buy his teacher's gifts but he said he wanted to do something more from the heart.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:49 PM  

  • Happy teacher's day

    By Blogger yenjai.net, at 6:31 PM  

  • Happy Teachers' Day ! :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:58 PM  

  • sgt dub, yenjai, mango, thanks!

    yan, teachers have such a profound influence on our lives huh?

    firehorse, that is truly a gift from the heart!

    By Blogger just me, at 2:33 AM  

  • ooopsss.....happy belated teacher's day. completed forgot about it :)

    i had some great and wonderful teachers and i sincerely appreciate all their work and efforts.

    By Blogger nyonyapenang, at 8:31 AM  

  • Hope you had a wonderful teachers day. Teachers are so important to the future. And so often under appreciated.

    By Blogger Simple American, at 9:29 AM  

  • Happy Teacher's Day! ('Belated' sounds lame, ROFL)

    Ah, it is a great responsibity to be a teacher and can be very stressful. But i think students also are very stressed out these days.

    By Blogger Jonzz, at 11:15 PM  

  • Happy teachers day

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:42 AM  

  • thanks everyone, sorry for the belated reply!

    By Blogger just me, at 10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home