simple me

Thursday, January 03, 2008

imitators

Daughter's present cravings for her favourite fruits are langsat and rambutans.
She wanted me to go take a walk around the evening market to get her some ( if any) after dropping her off her evening class. I was way too tired to do it before that and she knew it as I had to attend to her brother's affairs, which took me several hours.

But as her class was postponed, she was immensely delighted to be able to go along with me to the evening market and manage to spot some nice lovely " so sweet" mini oranges and bought those instead. Bought her 2 kg of them. She insisted on carrying the load even though I wanted to do it. I kept insisting on carrying for her and offered her my lighter load in exchange.
Then she blurted, " Why did you insist on helping "por por" ( referring to my mum) to carry her stuff then"?

I was blank for a second. Then she said she wants to help me and I should let her; just as how she has seen me helping my mum.

Okay, so this is a minor observation but a good reminder that little ears and eyes hear and observe and imitate, huh? May we all be good imitators of God that our kids will be our copycats as well?

7 Comments:

  • Yes, they tend to do as we do, and not do as we say. Like the saying goes: Actions speak louder than words. Lead by example.

    By Blogger stay-at-home mum, at 4:51 AM  

  • This comment has been removed by the author.

    By Blogger CP Waterman, at 2:18 PM  

  • "Simple me" is by no mean simple. You are a great teacher whom I can learn a lot from.
    Thanks!

    By Blogger CP Waterman, at 2:20 PM  

  • A thoughtful daughter you have! My skinny pint-size son is the "little man of burden." He carries most of the groceries for his dad and me. He wants to build up and strengthen his muscles.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:22 AM  

  • Hi Simple Me, I stumble upon your blog.

    I have to agree that we need to lead by example; which is why I have been visiting my parents and in-laws as often as possible. In a way, I am also hoping that when my kids eventually take flight on their own, they would come back and visit me as often as I did my parents.

    By Blogger AG, at 10:08 PM  

  • Oo....I drooled at the thought of langsat, rambutans and mandarins.

    Sigh...

    Ur daughter is a very good observer... and u a superwoman! hee hee..

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:16 AM  

  • Hi, busy with school works?

    Miss your thoughts!

    Keep busy, keep well, but keep blogging :)

    By Blogger Yan, at 4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home