simple me

Thursday, November 20, 2008

advice

What did I say to the new teacher going to get married? It was her last day of invigilation

yesterday.

I told her that no one is perfect. As such, her husband , being human, will fail to meet her

needs at times. That she is not to depend on him for her total happiness. I told her that her

husband is not "God".


As mothers, we have always been told that our children belong to the Lord. That we are to

release them , not hold on to them. ( Last week's sunday speaker went so far as to ask if we

would like to listen to excellent preaching from the pulpit....and then added that those who

raised their one hand are now to raise the other hand to release their children for God's work)


But besides holding on to children, we can also hold on to possessions or our time of course.

Not much has been said about holding on to our spouses, that can happen also of course. In the

reality of our earthly life, one spouse is bound to enter heaven sooner than the other. In many

cases, I see the husband as being the one going off first. But God's grace is sufficient even in such

a situation.


What would you say to my friend ? (who is about to get married)

1 Comments:

  • I think I would say the same to her... :)

    By Blogger Kok, at 1:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home