simple me

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Happy Feet

When my son saw his sister's pic in the newspaper and the write-up on her UPSR achievement , he says" I am a little jealous" to which his sister replies ,"you are smart BUT lazy!"
Took the kids out to watch an early bird movie, ( only charged RM6 as such for myself) entitled " Happy Feet". Tells about this penguin who is not able to fit in because he doesn't have a singing voice but he can dance well.That difference sets him apart and he feels alone. To know the ending, I will leave you to watch it for yourself!
My brother , sister and niece have been calling to ask my daughter what present she would like .One thing about my girl is that she is not materialistic. She has not even asked me for a handphone, something which her friends possess at this age. She thinks she will only need to own a handphone when she goes to college.
Upon my return from the movie, I managed to make a quick dash to return my 2 books which I borrowed from the public library.
Raining heavily now .Hope it will subside around dinner time because I plan to take kids out for a good dinner!

9 Comments:

  • Congrats to the daughter! "Happy feet" is good.

    That teaches me not to judge a movie from its poster (looked rather uninteresting; i brought my son to watch open season but it had stopped running).

    By Blogger Unknown, at 8:58 PM  

  • Congratulations to your daughter.A Successful child must have good parents behind..hahhaa...just me,u too play an important role
    i think the most happiest n successful thing for parents will be the good example,attitude,characteristics,personalities ,moral values,etc that shown in their children.
    I feel happy for u n do feel envy too:)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:28 AM  

  • which newspaper? got interview the momma or not?
    congrats again!

    By Blogger nyonyapenang, at 2:46 AM  

  • bernard, thanks! Take your son
    to watch "Flush Away".My kids
    enjoyed it

    jocelyn,thanks! Yes, I need to
    always be a prayerful parent!


    nyonya,which newspaper do you
    subscribe?

    By Blogger just me, at 1:43 AM  

  • Thanks, i'll do that.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 5:53 AM  

  • Congratulations to your daughter... and to the happy Mum! :)

    By Blogger dobbs, at 5:39 AM  

  • dobbs, thanks!

    By Blogger just me, at 9:58 PM  

  • dobbs, thanks!

    By Blogger just me, at 9:58 PM  

  • Belated congratulations to your daughter.
    It is good to hear for a change a child who does not yearn for material things.

    By Blogger A Mature Student, at 8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home