simple me

Sunday, April 08, 2007

over-friendliness

I am basically a very friendly gal...I connect best on a one-to-one basis. So it is no surprise to me that when colleagues leave the school, they will somehow tell me that I was the first teacher to approach them when they were new. Currently, one new teacher regards me as her best friend.

However, this over friendliness may be misconstrued by some. I still rememember when I was first posted to one school. This male teacher will always come over to my desk for a chat..so I welcome him and we get along fine until one day, he found out that I was attached. He must have thought I was leading him on. Sigh....and then the friendliness between us just dissipated.

Treasure your current friends, especially if you have some platonic ones!

2 Comments:

  • sometimes without meaning to, we give hope to the other party, until they find out that the situation is otherwise and can't see past that to remain good friends... *sigh*

    By Blogger may, at 5:12 AM  

  • may, thanks for commenting so regularly.
    you are right of course!

    By Blogger just me, at 2:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home