simple me

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Who does she take after?

So daughter was among 16 other top UPSR achievers, 20 top PMR , 15 top SPM and 2 top STPM students to receive the state awards, which consist of a certificate ( this is what I appreciate most) a plaque and a cash reward of RM 240 for the UPSR achievers. I do not know how much is given to the rest. Don't know how they arrive at the figure, want to make a guess?

Her dad told her to enjoy the most of it as he thinks that at the PMR level and SPM level, it will be tough indeed to emerge as one of the top scholars. I didn't add any comment to that and hope daughter can prove him wrong again?

One question which was posed to me by my colleagues was " Does she ( daughter) take after her dad or mum?" They meant in the academic area or intellectual area of course. Is this a question you would ask someone in the same position as me? And why this question?

Wishing everyone a great weekend!

9 Comments:

  • ohhhh, well done and congratulations to your daughter! I wouldn't worry about the future too much just yet, best to enjoy the reward after all that hard work, yea? and it's a great way to keep her motivated.

    Happy Weekend to you too!

    By Blogger may, at 4:52 AM  

  • i dun think intelligence is inherited one...it's very much individual..

    By Blogger Unknown, at 8:27 PM  

  • Why ask that question indeed :p To say that your daughter got it from you would be insulting the father, to say otherwise would be insulting your intelligence.

    Maybe it's got more to do with upbringing.

    Daughter is motivated / influenced by parents' zest in life for education. ..hahahaa :D my theory.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:20 PM  

  • Congratulations to your daughter for such an achievement! I believe traits can come from both, but agree that it isn't a proper question to begin with.

    By Blogger Dean aka Sgt Dub, at 8:04 AM  

  • This comment has been removed by the author.

    By Blogger Dean aka Sgt Dub, at 8:04 AM  

  • When I posed the same question to daughter, telling her it came from my colleagues, she answered diplomatically, " Both you and dad are "cemerlang" too !" Ha ha

    By Blogger just me, at 8:36 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger http://chinese.yenjai.net, at 2:10 AM  

  • I got asked this question so many times.
    I ask them: If he is not as clever as me, does it make him less of my son?

    By Blogger http://chinese.yenjai.net, at 2:12 AM  

  • I always dislike such questions.!

    It is all about the upbringing and your peers and your environment. Everything around us make us who we are and become.

    Congratulations to your daughter

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home