simple me

Thursday, June 07, 2007

marriage breakdown

At the car service centre, I chatted with another customer and was told that her husband is working in another country while she mans the fort here, looking after her kids. Of course, the questions arises whether she should join her husband for good or just let it be. She tells me and she knows that some married men posted in another country carried on affairs which later , caused their marriage to break down.

But she says that if a man wants to cheat, he can cheat anytime and anywhere. And she trusts her husband. I told her that it is good to minimise the opportunities for her husband to cheat. Was that good advice?

2 Comments:

  • Yes, I think that is very good advice. It is hard when a family is separated, and if they think they can cope without you, why not? Thats when all the problem starts. I sacrificed my career to go with my hubby when he was posted to the US some 13 years back, and it was the very year I got a double promotion, and could have been on the fast track to partnership (in one of the big 5 firms, then). You must know your priorities. Mine was my family. Now I am a full time mum. No career - sad, but it was what I chose.

    By Blogger stay-at-home mum, at 4:27 PM  

  • stay-at-home-mum, I am so glad you made the fulfilling choice!

    By Blogger just me, at 2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home