simple me

Friday, July 13, 2007

disowning one's flesh and blood

The recent case of the grandparents of the murdered 4 year-old-girl disowning their daughter, what do you think of that? I hope it was said in the heat of the moment, because the daughter really needs her parents' emotional support now. What led this mother to help cover up her boyfriend's crime? ( unemployed boyfriend,it was reported) Is love that blind? What made her ( a single mother) fall for such a man.....is there any sympathy for her out there? Only those who have been in her shoes would understand and feel for her, I think. Feel for her and try to understand why she can fall for a "useless" man who might have used "sweet " words to entice her in her "vulnerable " state, being a single mother and "rejected" by her husband. I don't know....but I am just stating these thoughts as they run through my mind.

On the other hand, we have the case of parents who disowned their sons publicly because they have been "chased" by loan sharks to repay their sons' loans. Is it more right for these parents to do so as their lives are at stake if they don't do so?

5 Comments:

  • Sigh. Life is not as easy it is in the papers.

    I too have such thoughts. I really doubt in my mind it was as simple as "she killed her daughter for the love of this man" or "she lied about her daughter to protect her beloved"...

    I'm not saying I am on her side.. but the death of a child, brings a very deep pain to any mother.

    Sigh.... we are not fortunate to understand the circumstance, so I think we shouldn't judge. This has been quite a sad week.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:48 AM  

  • Perhaps ...if someone recognised signs that people were trying to reach out for help in some way.

    Maybe things would not have come out this way...

    I don't know..all I know is I wouldn't want my parents or friends to disown me in my darkest hour.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:08 AM  

  • I'm sure nobody would want to disown his/her own flesh and blood. Normally, one would 'stay with' that person in his deepest hour of depression and need. But - and this is a big 'but' - there is a thresh-hold of tolerance. When that thresh-hold is breached, like when a father could no longer bail out his gambler son's debts, the extreme decision is taken. It's very sad indeed to read of such cases in the papers, especially when there is a victim of a murder.

    By Blogger fishtail, at 3:33 AM  

  • It's easy to judge people when you're not in their shoes. Better not to.

    By Blogger Jonzz, at 5:40 AM  

  • mott, yes, life is definitely not that simple

    mango, that is what I mean. You got my message right

    fishtail, thank God our Father has a high threshold of tolerance huh?

    By Blogger just me, at 5:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home