simple me

Sunday, June 17, 2007

School Open Day

I haven't had migraine attacks for quite a while but lately it has decided to re-visit me.

Seriously, without the pills prescribed by my blogger doc, I would still be suffering.Panadol is

now too mild for me and has no effect.

School open day is aroung the corner. I will be the one attending to see kids' teachers.

It would be interesting to note who else among you are the ones attending?

Does it make any difference if the one attending open day is the dad or mum?

6 Comments:

  • To my eternal shame, I must say I've yet to attend my girl's school open day. Not that I don't want to, but because her school has this bad habit of announcing it a few days before the event thus making it impossible for me to apply for leave. Sigh

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:31 AM  

  • Summer means school is out over here in the states. My missus and I usually make all of these open houses when available.

    By Blogger Simple American, at 3:48 PM  

  • if i were the class teacher, i would be suitably impressed if the father came, even better if both parents attend.

    it's just too common these days for the mother to be the one to come for open day.

    By Blogger doc, at 11:28 AM  

  • jimbo, maybe you could call up the school to ask for the date in advance

    simple american, you and wife are cool parents!

    doc, I have dads coming to collect the report cards.

    By Blogger just me, at 2:37 PM  

  • When I was a parent of a school going kid, I always attended Open Days and PIBG days. When that kid went to college, I also attended his College Parent-Meet-Teachers Day (twice). When I was a staff, I loved meeting parents of my students (even got scolded by one parent of a deliquent girl). But now with colleges having thousands of students, there are less and less of these Meet Parents days. Sad.

    By Blogger fishtail, at 3:43 AM  

  • fishtail, you are one cool educator! Keep up the good work

    By Blogger just me, at 1:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home