simple me

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

wakes

Attended 2 wakes back to back last weekend. One was a 53 year old doctor who died of a heart attack. I am still recovering from the shock. He looked healthy to me.
The other was the mother of my former classmate. She died of lung cancer. The daughter said the mother was not in pain at all since she was diagnosed. It was only during the last few days when cancer spread to the brain that pain was felt.
What I missed during the wakes was the eulogy part which was not carried out as it was not a christian wake. I always love to hear about all the good things and life stories of the deceased.

1 Comments:

  • very coincidental.

    i was thinking of blogging the passing of 2 medics which happened on the same week - one is probably the same 53-yr-old in your post, while the other is only 44, at a motor vehicle accident.

    life is indeed fragile, even at the peak of it.

    By Blogger doc, at 9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home