simple me

Monday, November 24, 2008

leaving my comfort zone

What does it mean to leave your "comfort zone"? Many great men in the Bible responded to God's call in their lives and left their confort zone to serve God. Nehemiah is one example.

Well, just to show what I have done in my very small way . At coffee break after church service, I don't seek to sit with those I know, the people I am comfortable with. I now sit at a new table and wait to see whom God will lead to sit at the same table . And I will try to speak an
encouraging word to that person or persons.

Well, since I have been told and I know that I am an encourager, I tell myself that I want to encourage with God's Word which is sharper than any 2-edged sword, cutting to the spirit. I will use as few of my own words as possible.



Try leaving your comfort zone and share with me your experience?

1 Comments:

  • one reason why visitors find the church "cold" is that members congregate with each other & neglect them.

    the irony is that sometimes we go out of the way to invite others to church, yet when visitors come, we chose to not to extend a warm welcome to them.

    By Blogger doc, at 9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home