simple me

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Teachers day presents

It's not every year that my daughter has praises for her teachers. This year, she has praises for one particular one, who happens to teach her 2 subjects. She tells me that the teacher is very hardworking , dedicated and committed.

As such, daughter wants to know what I am buying for her teachers. She asks me to get an extra special present for this teacher.

Some of the gifts I am getting are novels, shawl, lipstick holder, bathroom slippers, batik sarung and chocolates. Maybe, some home baked muffins as well.

One item teachers don't like to receive is small decorative items which they don't know what to do with! A handmade card speaks volumes though.

4 Comments:

  • if i were a teacher, the best gift a student could give me is to excel in the subject i teach.

    the presents on teacher's day are inconsequential.

    By Blogger doc, at 10:43 PM  

  • Guess which students give presents to teachers!

    Mainly students from the weaker classes.
    We don't expect presents from students ( just like I dont' expect my kids to give me birthday presents?)and the best present is for them to try their best, not all students can excel academically.

    By Blogger just me, at 12:38 AM  

  • I agree with Doc.

    But I think Honey makes a great gift too ... to soothe the teacher's throat!!

    By Blogger stay-at-home mum, at 2:25 PM  

  • SAHM, fisherman's friend also makes good gifts

    By Blogger just me, at 11:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home