simple me

Friday, June 05, 2009

compassionate God

I asked daughter , if given a choice,( after commiting a misdeed) she would prefer

A) man or

B) God

to punish her. She chooses God , believing that if she truly repents of her wrongdoing,God would be merciful to her and forgive her. Although daughter's faith is very young, I am so glad she knows this attribute of God.

I then told her of the situation faced by David mentioned in 1 Chronicles 21.
"Satan rose up against Israel and incited David to take a census of Israel."
David was given 3 options of how he would be punished.


David's choice, (v13) "Let me fall into the hands of the Lord,for his mercy is very great; but do not let me fall into the hands of men."

Lamentations 3 v 22, 23 " Because of the Lord's great love, we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning, great is Your faithfulness."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home