simple me

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

D day

One more day before I leave to attend my one week stay-in course. I have completed my 20-page assignment, have the powerpoint presentation ready and am all geared up to attend the lectures, after which I have to sit for a written test which consists of answering 4 essay questions.I have given work to the classes I teach while I am away.
Daughter asks me to regard this course as a "holiday", away from the kids!
But this is one holiday I would rather not take given a choice. I will go with a positive attitude and try to absorb and learn what I can. Passing it would mean a salary increase of course but I would rather not be stressed by it.
On the home front, daughter has chosen the path to take. She is switching schools.Son is complaining that year 4 at school involves so much work and finds it a burden to complete his homework. This even sets mummy to consider home schooling for him.
Wish me luck , people!

12 Comments:

  • If you have already done the written assignment, the powerpoint slides, I'd say you are on the down hill slide of this. Good luck on the test, and the kids.

    By Blogger Dean aka Sgt Dub, at 5:44 AM  

  • good luck good luck GOOD LUCK!! *crosses fingers*

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:27 AM  

  • why did your daughter decide to change school? is your son in a chinese school?

    sorry, i'm in unfamiliar territory here.

    By Blogger doc, at 8:36 AM  

  • I am sure you can sail through the course smoothly.

    With the salary increase, will there be a promotion and 'transfer'? That is the most worrying part

    By Blogger http://chinese.yenjai.net, at 5:19 PM  

  • Good luck for the course and exams

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:05 PM  

  • sgt dub, there is also public speaking and the 4 essay questions? But thanks!

    may, thanksss!

    doc, son is not in a chinese school. he has always find BM difficult. His english is excellent though. Daughter thought she could manage as a latch key child but after trying it out, she found it stressful, boring and lonely!

    yenjai, Dont't mind the salary increase but I DON'T want a transfer....3 teachers from the pioneer batch passed and they were not transferred. The latter batches have very few teachers who passed.

    george, thanks!

    By Blogger just me, at 10:48 PM  

  • Haha..I was a latchkey kid. I loved it!!!!!!SO much FREEDOM!!! but i shan't corrupt ur daughter!!
    Anyway, good luck for your course..may u pass with flying colours, get the salary hike..and take your family out for BIG holiday!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:07 AM  

  • all the best for the course!

    btw, what's a latch key child?

    By Blogger doc, at 5:19 AM  

  • I agree that studying in a Chinese school is a very stressful thing.

    BUT, the knowledge + discipline + attitude gained are absolutely priceless when compared to other more 'lackadaisical' schools in the country.

    I was Chinese ed until Form 3, then I went to further my studies in overseas. ;)

    By Blogger titoki, at 9:45 PM  

  • a lil late but better than never

    All the best!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:27 AM  

  • I'm sure the 1-week will fly by. All the best!

    By Blogger King's wife, at 8:21 AM  

  • I dunno what a latch-key child means either... care to enlighten us?

    My boy is registered to go to a national school next year ... I want him to be able to mix well with everyone. Furthermore, he's going to be miserable with all the homework in chinese school (given his playful personality).

    Do you think that's a fair enough reason?

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home