simple me

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

father's day

I would like to wish all fathers an advanced happy father's day 2007.

I was asking my students what they plan to do for their dads this special day. I also gave them some ideas.

One student gave this reply." I hardly see my father. He is always out of the house." This is so sad. No doubt fathers are the main income earners in most families, but surely fathers should try to spend time with their families?

What I remember this father's day of my late dad was how he cycled 3 miles to attend my school open day and to collect my report card from my teacher. It is sad how so few fathers do that these days, especially in my school.

However, I am touched by some of you blogger dads who are really great dads and great role models for your kids. Keep it up!

3 Comments:

  • I think a lot of times it's a choice thing on the part of the father, I see many who claim they work late and are too busy etc, then got time to go and drink with their buddies after work or go golf during weekends. Everybody works hard, what is in your priority list is what dictates where you allote that "precious" minimal time you have left for everything else.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:56 PM  

  • What did you do on Father's Day? :-)

    It was great meeting up with you'all on Friday. Thanks.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 5:39 PM  

  • well...I grew up with a dad who had little time, as he really had no choice but to work hard to get food on the table. I don't blame him for my problems, I don't blame him for missing out on my life..because it's really the quality time we spent with each other that mattered..and I will always cherish that.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home