simple me

Friday, May 02, 2008

fast forward

I have sometimes wondered how my life would be like if I had not got married, and with kids.

Daughter bluntly told me that I would be back in my hometown and entrusted with the task of looking after my aged mother.

I used to think one important job of a husband is to attend to the mechanical aspects of his spouse's car. My friend used to tease me that I should just marry a mechanic.

Fast forward to the present. I alone am responsible to send my car in for servicing and repairs. ( God has a sense of humour )

Any similar thoughts to share?

3 Comments:

  • Believe me, it's harder for me in a foreign land and hubby is working most of the time.

    By Blogger wonda, at 4:22 AM  

  • if you drive your own car, the least you could do is to know how to refuel, inflate the tyres, check the oil level & of course, sent it to the mechanic yourself, esp. so if your hubby works full-time, & then more.

    by the same token, i don't think he should be totally dependant on you for cooking & washing the clothes (assuming you don't have a maid). the least he should know is how to light the stove & start the washing machine.

    of course, if you can change a flat tyre & he knows how to iron clothes, i think you both will do very well !!

    By Blogger doc, at 1:25 AM  

  • wonda, I know


    doc, I don't have a maid.

    By Blogger just me, at 3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home