simple me

Friday, December 15, 2006

relationships

I spoke to this person over the phone one month ago. I reminded her that life is short and that she should make an effort to visit her grandmother who stays a few hours away from her.Her grandmother is already in her 80's. I doubt she paid heed to my advice.
Last night,I received a call from this person. She said that her grandmother has passed away. She had a fall in the bathroom and went into a coma, succumbing to death two days later. I felt sad when I heard that. I don't know when was the last time this gal saw her grannny. Anyway, I did not detect any sign of regret from her tone over the phone.
In my last telephone conversation with this person, I told her that relationships are what matters in life, not the mere pursuit of money. What do you all say? Ultimately, what really matters in life?

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • Oh well..if she feels no loss..then..God bless her. Can't help ppl who don't want to be helped, sometimes.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:54 PM  

  • to some, a loss may even take time to sink in. so they may appear cool or nonchalant. but when the full blown realisation sinks in, they can succumb emotionally big time.

    By Blogger Las montaƱas, at 5:13 AM  

  • Regret is a very hard thing to swallow. It doesn't go down easily and nobody can swallow it for you.

    By Blogger KopiSoh, at 9:04 AM  

  • mott, true, there must be a desire to be helped first

    LM,I realize grief has quite a few stages

    firehorse, I was hoping for a tinge of regret from her

    By Blogger just me, at 9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home