simple me

Friday, January 26, 2007

I am back!

People, I am back! I had a heavy head and tried to rest for half an hour. Daughter, who must have missed me , went along to fetch me home ( or to make sure I don't go galavanting after the course ha ha) On reaching home, she switched on the room air con for me to rest. ( Not bad for a welcome home gesture ,right?)
The 21/2 hour essay questions were the "killer" in the course.But I think I did my very best , given the short time to study the topics. First exam after a lapse of so many years! Hopefully, I can clear the bar and receive a pay rise. But then, who knows, only time will tell.
The best part of the course was getting to know friends. I did a 10-minute public speaking .Not more than 3 persons in the group can speak on the same topic. I chose " Reaching out to the Needy". I was the only one who spoke on this topic and I was the last speaker!
Will write more next time. Latch-key child means a child who lets herself out to school and take the key along.

17 Comments:

  • gung hei, gung hei! welcome back to blogland! hope you pass with flying colours. time to sit back and relax now after all that hard work and stress...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:26 AM  

  • May, thanks!

    Gee, just saw my typp mistakes..so glaring.

    Lapse spelt wrongly, and a few other words .....must be the lack of practice in typing !

    By Blogger just me, at 4:20 AM  

  • welcome back.

    how did you teach your daughter to switch on air-con for you?

    sometimes when i come home after a really, really long day, i have to make a nice cold drink myself. am i missing something?

    By Blogger doc, at 8:27 AM  

  • yippeeee....u r back..*massage neck n shoulders for u*...dun worry la..just prepare to belanja us makan after the pay rise..hehe..

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:17 PM  

  • "Latch-key child" .... OIC... heheh. thanks.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 12:35 AM  

  • Not content with putting sporadic extra workload, they further eat up a teacher's free time with trainings and exams. Hmmph... Sometimes it seems they forget teachers have children too.

    By Blogger Jonzz, at 1:22 AM  

  • I'm glad your back. We look forward to hearing how you did. Rest for today and enjoy.

    By Blogger Dean aka Sgt Dub, at 8:36 AM  

  • Welcome back.
    Hope to see your new post

    By Blogger http://chinese.yenjai.net, at 12:12 AM  

  • Congrats! welcome back. time to yum kor cha, sek kor pao & relax :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:17 AM  

  • doc, I didn't teach daughter. She obviously could see how tired I was. I mentioned staying up late to study the night before and waking up early as well on the day of the exam

    By Blogger just me, at 4:36 AM  

  • eve, belanja you makan ...no problem

    By Blogger just me, at 4:37 AM  

  • bernard, I also thought along the same line as you...wanted my kids not to be too bogged down with school work. Having heard all the horror stories of Chinese primary schools where kids slog on their homework until midnight and how the teachers are real "garang" helped me to make up my mind as well!

    By Blogger just me, at 4:38 AM  

  • jonzz, oh well, attending the course was ok except for the subjective test on the last day.

    It was a good exposure and experience in all

    By Blogger just me, at 4:40 AM  

  • sgt dub, I may have to wait for a minimum of 3 months or more before the results are released....wonder whether it is because the examiners have a tough time reading our 'scribbed" answers lol

    By Blogger just me, at 4:41 AM  

  • yenjai and Jl, thanks!

    Does any of you ever patronise "Frienz" in Taman Mayang , behind Lim KOk Wing? Good place for yam char!

    By Blogger just me, at 4:42 AM  

  • Just me, does that means you going to organise a gathering there for us? ^-^

    By Blogger http://chinese.yenjai.net, at 5:57 PM  

  • sappot yenjai n justme...so frienz it is...bila?..

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home