simple me

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

credit cards

I was given 2 credit cards even though I only applied for one. I have been using only one all along. The bank still charges me for 2, meaning I have to pay the annual subscription fee for 2 cards. After bringing up the matter with them over the phone, the bank called me a few days later to say that the annual fee will be waived for the second card on a year by year basis.

Despite that, will you still want to use the second card if you were me?

How come they are so nice all of a sudden?

5 Comments:

  • I would demand they close the second card. If someone steals it then your credit could suffer. And what if you accidently use it?

    Plus having too many credit cards can hurt your credit rating. At least over here it can.

    By Blogger Simple American, at 3:59 PM  

  • Just request to cancel the card.
    Why keep a card when you are not using it?
    I just cancel 2 cards, within the last 7 days.
    Just feeling a bit relieve, then again another bank send me a new card.
    Damn

    By Blogger yenjai.net, at 5:38 PM  

  • haha...

    yes, please cancel it. Unless they agree to give it to you free for life! Then you keep this, and throw away the first one! ;-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:24 PM  

  • in this day & age, there's no reason to pay annual fee for any credit card. unless you pay by credit card very often, there's no need to have a 2nd one.

    my reason for having a 2nd one is in case there's a problem with the 1st, which i admit is not often.

    By Blogger doc, at 3:44 AM  

  • simple american, second card doesn't leave the house

    yenjai, a spare always come in handy

    mott, yeah, have the second card but not using it

    doc, some establishments only accept certain credit cards. I used to own a supplementary card only until I discover that in case of the principal card owner's demise etc, then I won't have a card to use, so I decide to apply to be a principal card owner

    By Blogger just me, at 5:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home