simple me

Friday, August 17, 2007

school hols

Am starting the one-week ( soon over ) school hols by driving ( with sis as travelling companion) to visit my mum. It is a 3-hour drive one way. Hoping for fine weather and
deliverance from nasty, inconsiderate ( not -cared-to-die type) drivers. After the recent express bus incident, I know I have to remind myself to stay away from them, and not drive too near them.

I plan to stay one night. In such a short period, I hope to bring some cheer into my mum's life . (he is 83) Will ask her what her food cravings are and get them from the market. I have bought some mooncakes for her and some keropok (the softer type), a shawl ( in case she gets chilly at night) and a very nice-looking fan.(in case she feels warm, which son calls an authentic fan)What else does a mum need? Most of all, kids who spend time with her, I know

To the rest of you, school hols mean kids spending longer hours at home; I know, that can be trying and tiring!

Happy hols!

5 Comments:

  • The recent report that of all the network of commercial vehicles, Konsortium Bus has the highest number of unpaid summons. To think that not so long ago, I was traveling weekly on those buses, going to Penang on Sat and coming back on Sun. gosh ...

    By Blogger fishtail, at 3:40 AM  

  • I was so happy to return mine to school last Monday.

    Hope you had a good time with your mom. :)

    By Blogger Simple American, at 12:39 PM  

  • Happy holiday to the family

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:55 AM  

  • erm...pretty long holiday... :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:38 PM  

  • Happy Malaysia Day!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home