simple me

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

teenage girls

In a study done recently in America,it was found that teenage girls tend to be more depressed and anxious the more they talk about their problems. This does not apply to boys, it seems.

So on one hand I want to encourage my teenagers to have some close girl friends with whom they can share their problems with, I have to warn them not to do it excessively. Like talking and talking about the same old problem and whining about it?

Maybe this means teenage girls must have an older person with whom they can share their problem. The more matured person can give counselling and advice and hopefully, help to lighten their problem.

May we remember this when any teenage girl chooses to share her burden with us

3 Comments:

  • I try to listen. But it is not easy always. Some of the things she says. Lots of biting my tongue.

    By Blogger Simple American, at 3:48 PM  

  • i look forward to the day my daughter shares her personal problem with me, but i think she'll probably share that with the wife.

    she usually comes to me for science/maths/english/money problems, though not necessarily in that order!!

    By Blogger doc, at 8:15 AM  

  • Sharing is a serious matter. You don't just go out and share your most personal problems if you are not ready for it.

    Anyone, especially kids, should choose the confidante carefully or they might end up being betrayed or mistrusting people. You should teach them about the pitfalls.

    By Blogger Jonzz, at 6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home