simple me

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

adoption

The adoption programme over at channel 77 Astro gives very heartwarming stories of adoption. The adopted kids are really welcomed into their new homes and showered with lots of love .

When posed the question of whether any adopted kid would want to trace his natural parents one day, daugter replied." I would want to. I want to know the reason why they gave me away."

I was nearly given away , so I heard , because I was the fifth girl to be born to my parents. That would have been an unacceptable reason to be given away , right?

5 Comments:

  • Hard to say, since Asians have so many pantangs, back then.

    But, it wud hurt alot, if that was the only reason!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:11 AM  

  • perhaps some parents miss the point of having children in the 1st place - someone to share their love 7 affection with. i think daughters are more likely to look after the parents than sons, but of course, there are exceptions as well.

    By Blogger doc, at 9:04 AM  

  • In life, we all have our share of heartaches. Some seems to have a bigger share. To each his/her own.

    Giving up children should be a painful thing to do for all parents. Each one has his/her story behind... and there is no similar one.

    We really can't judge...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:35 PM  

  • mott and yan, yes,things are often not what they seemed

    doc, want to persuade wife to have a go at another daughter?
    Or adopt? I agree with you about what you said about daughters. Wish I have more too but alas....

    By Blogger just me, at 3:25 AM  

  • I think it is sad to be given away. Of course I have the perspective of causiing my mom to flee her home city because of an unplanned pregnancy. She kept me. But I wish she had not let my stepfather adopt me.

    By Blogger Simple American, at 3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home