simple me

Thursday, September 24, 2009

God's gentle whisper

While sticking stamps onto envelopes at the post office, I saw this lady next to me, sticking stamps onto her Deepavali cards. I exclaimed to her, " Wow, already sending ou cards, huh?" Her response? She ignored me, without a word.


At the evening market, I heard one indian lady speaking in perfect cantonese.

I made a positive comment to her. Her response? Silence.


These 2 instances were as if God is trying to remind me of the times when

His prompting or word to me is greeted with silence; partly because I was too

busy doing my own thing or too preoccupied to be distracted. Or is it because

other voices have been seducing me away from His presence so that I cannot even

recognise God's 'gentle whisper' ( 1 Kings 19v 12) when He speaks to me.




Prayer: Praying for the sensitivity to listen to God's voice in the midst

of my daily routine.

1 Comments:

  • we are just preoccupied with our worldly matters that we fail to hear God.

    some day God will speak in a very loud voice & it may be too late then.

    By Blogger doc, at 10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home