simple me

Saturday, February 24, 2007

reunion dinner

My brother invited me and family to a restaurant dinner on reunion day. The price charged was exorbitant for a small town, RM500! It was a set meal. My youngest brother didn't "balik kampung" with his family .
Why would a son want to miss the reunion dinner with his mum? ( my dad died a few years ago?) I was thinking that this would not have happened if my brother was chinese educated. Am I right? I think mum was sad but didn't show it. This brother has just come home from his overseas posting and who knows where he would be posted next.
I hope you all have had a good reunion dinner with your loved ones. This is the good part of the chinese tradition.

6 Comments:

  • Really dun think it is a chinese or english educated thing, it's very individual, for my hubby and I both are english educated and so was my whole family but tradition is very important, my son in spite of being born and bred overseas still calls us "chiak puin" (eat rice) at every meal, he oso "phang teh" (serve tea) kneeling down for us at our birthdays and CNY.

    By Blogger KopiSoh, at 3:24 PM  

  • It has nothing to do with education
    It is the path he choose

    By Blogger http://chinese.yenjai.net, at 4:47 PM  

  • It's a personal choice or the strength of the ties, nothing to do with education.

    By Blogger Jonzz, at 6:54 PM  

  • I'm not a chinese educated but I'll definitely try to stay with my mum and dad. If for some reason I couldn't be with them, I'll try to talk with them.

    By Blogger Kok, at 7:16 AM  

  • I agree with all above. I doubt it has anything to do with education. It is personality or perhaps whether the spouse has a stronger hold. :)

    Judy Leese

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:39 AM  

  • which town is this that has a restaurant that charges RM500?

    By Blogger Las montaƱas, at 5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home